Tuesday, September 1, 2009

He says, " I sell weed and food"

Back in Jamaica after a very emotionally rewarding AND draining trip foreign. We were unaware until our return to our Jamaican home and friends JUST how emotional visiting family can be: GOOD by all measurements.

So upon my arrival I stop in to see Ali, he says, "I sell weed and food. " This does not seem significant other than I thought, "that makes perfect sense." It made me realize that we are as about as culturally adjusted as we will ever be.

We both look forward to getting back into our routines. We have been working hard planting our winter gardens, the best time to grow here. We have cleaned and arranged and slept. We have spent time with our good yard-mates, Bobby and Dabi. We missed them!

So now we wobble back into our school years. I have that familiar feeling of excitement and melancholy, stoked for the new school year and also knowing the great unforgettable summer of 2009 has come to an end.

Enjoy our pictures from the summer by clicking on the links on the top right of this page.

All the best!

BC

2 comments:

Erin said...

Awesome pics you guys..... looks like a fun, action-packed summer! Good luck to the start of the school year - holding you two in my heart:)

BC-YSC said...

Thanks Erin go Braugh. We love you way much!