Thursday, April 2, 2009

Nevilles Rapid-Grand Canyon

So Y tells me how she was holding on like normal in the very high position on top of the kayak in the stern, and then hears fear in my voice "Hold On", and instinctively knows to hold on tighter....". never saw it coming" she says. She then tells me that she held on the whole time with both hands and the force of the rapid pulled her 6'2" frame out of the raft into a horizontal position, sort of an arrow of a body pointing downstream to the next hole lurking and waiting for another HIT on Deacon Blues, the hole that Meg calmly announced with, "Dad, there is another hole." "I made the fatal mistake and was worried about her" is all I could say later when J-dog asked about the incident. How funny that would come to us as we watched another amazing sunset in the west of Jamaica. Sometimes I am overcome with grace bestowed upon us!

I will always treasure the time on the Grand and also know that we will all go again multiple times.....we have to.

1 comment:

Erin said...

And Yvonne's rowin' Lava..... nooooooooo! You guys sign up for lottery? We can be like Chris MCandless and illegally paddle by kayak...... no helmets, food, nothin! Freedom.