Thursday, September 4, 2008

A Thousand Eyes

I saw a thousand eyes at the All Age School yesterday. Wow what a sight. Students all decked out in uniforms and hair so neat. My principal introduced me to the school. So exciting and a little nerve wracking. I have a Grade 8 helper in the mornings who attends another school in the afternoon. He helps me and I am teaching him how to keyboard, well Mavis Beacon is. It is fun.

I am little nervous but excited and honored to be teaching students the amazing skill of learning the sounds of the english language. I think I might have 4 or 5 groups that I will teach phonics to. This is a great honor and I trust I am up to the task.

Check out the ink below. It is to an article in Jamaica, about our ceremony last week. Look for the tall guy in the picture. Yvonne and are very proud and really stoked and honored to be here.

Swearing In Article

1 comment:

Erin said...

Congratulations!!! I'm so proud of you two!! Deed, you are so much taller than everybody else in the photo :)